Communications and Fundraising Coordinator:
Are you a digital-savvy communicator with a great eye for design and a passion for environmental justice? Are you excited about being part of a no-holds barred grassroots effort to achieve a just transition to 100% renewable electricity in New Mexico?
New Energy Economy is an award-winning climate justice advocacy organization in Santa Fe, New Mexico that is known for our bold, collaborative campaigns against the fossil fuel and nuclear investments of New Mexico's largest monopoly utility - PNM. We pride ourselves on sticking to our principles and getting things done.
We're looking for a creative team player to lead our communications and cultivate relationships of deepening investment and engagement with our supporters.
You must be an excellent writer and able to translate the archaic and complex world of utility law and energy policy so it is accessible to the people. You must be fearless about learning new digital tools and grassroots fundraising, and saying what must be said about protecting our communities and the environment so we can put power back into the people's hands - both literally and figuratively.
You would be joining our small team of extremely dedicated activists who employ legal, advocacy, organizing, and education strategies to take on the private interests that stand between the people and our collective vision for a just and sustainable energy future.
The Communications and Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for implementing the print, digital and visual communications strategies for New Energy Economy's advocacy and fundraising campaigns that can inspire and mobilize constituents and grow our grassroots power. Responsibilities include:
• Create multichannel campaigns that engage target constituents and enlist new supporters
• Write and send E-blasts including updates, fundraising pitches and calls to action
• Create digital test plans and monitor campaign and list activity metrics
• Write and design print flyers and infographics
• Coordinate print and online advertising design and placement
• Maintain and optimize New Energy Economy's website
• Coordinate social media campaigns
• Draft press releases and op-eds
• Draft fundraising appeals and thank you letters
• Deepen engagement and build power of our supporters by coordinating the implementation of a supporter cultivation plan.
If you are an excellent communicator who can work independently with excellent follow- through, but you also know how to take direction, run with it, and bring back great ideas to the team--then we want to hear from you! This position requires a high level of innovation, entrepreneurialism, and collaboration and offers an incredible opportunity to grow professionally while working on exhilarating campaigns with a fun and dynamic team.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and example of graphic or written work as pdf attachments to email@example.com . No phone calls or in-person drop-ins please.